Monday, September 15, 2008

Gathering for Mid-Autumn Festival

For Mid-Autumn Festival this year, we gathered at Granny's new place.
New apartment, new furnishings,
and new member *JAIME* to all our future family gatherings!

For starters, we snacked on various brands of mooncakes... from Hong Kong to Singapore...

this is the infamous 伍仁月餅 (from 大中國)。
aka cashew nuts with sesame etc fillings.
Sorry。。。 mixed nuts flavor not for me!!

SKIPPED.
I had the egg custard mooncake from Peninsula Hotel, Hong Kong .
No pictures of the packaging... was too busy savoring this little pastry!
好吃!

Luckily we took some snacks. The caterer came so late that most of us were famished.
I recommended Four Seasons Catering since I had used them for my BBQ party two years ago; they left a good enough impression on me and I really liked the way they co-ordinated all the dishes and display formations... ahaha, I dig visual presentations!

But this time, everything seemed to fall short of expectations.

Summer Set
minimum order: 25 pax
SG $13 per pax

1) Karapu Fried Mee Siam
very so so...only... I think you can tell from the looks of it.
At least the prawns were of decent size.

The spread and it's 'elevated' formation

Serviettes from Four Seasons

Even the cutlery also got formation, mai siao siao!

Left: 2) Mixed Shrimp Beancurd
Right: 3) Sambal Sotong

Both tasted normal... ok lah, the sotong not bad. Spicy enough.

Left: 4) Golden Scallops

.. golden, you mean fried huh??

Right: 5) Assorted Maki Sushi Platter (100 pcs)

Left: 6) Deluxe Lo Han Chye
Right: 7) Crispy Butter Prawn

Prawns were not 'buttered' enough..

Bottom row:
8) Sze Chuan Fish Fillet with Dried Chilli
Which part of the dish taste Sze Chuan? I think more sweet and sour..

9) Four Seasons Chicken
After one bite and you're hooked!
Obviously their signature dish, very good! The best dish among all.
Me alone had about 7pcs of it. I saw the boys ALL went back for at least 4 rounds of re-fills!

10) Dynasty Crispy Chicken
... unfortunately the chicken all turned soggy by the time they get to our place.

Dessert: Almond Beancurd with Longan & Jackfruit
The dessert rounded it up well. It was home-made! I had two rounds of it.

Cordial Drink: Fruit Punch


Maybe my expectations really too high. Haha!

Me EAT with my whole HEARTly... so I am really HARD to please.

No comments: